Today we’re going to share with you a few stress free tips that will help you enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
1. Smart Packing
- Phone charger.
- Laundry bags.
- Lip balm.
Learn to roll your clothes, belt and only bring the necessary outfits.
When packing, use extra large zipper storage bags for your shoes and swimsuits. This will keep the rest of your clothes clean and dry.
Always keep a lock on you since you never know when you’ll need it. Use a combination lock rather than a keyed lock since you’re doomed if you lose the keys!
Avoid packing at the last minute.
2. Currency / Credit Card
- Alert your bank and credit card company of your travel plans. This assures that your account will not be put on pause because you are outside of your typical geographic location.
- Carry multiple credit/debit cards because they can easily be lost, destroyed, or swallowed by the machine, so it’s best to be safe than sorry.
- Shop around before travelling.
- Do not exchange currency at the airport. That’s where you will find the most unfavorable exchange rates.
- Keep your contact details in your checked bags at all times. It makes it easier to trace it if the tag breaks off.
- Mark your luggage as fragile. By affixing a delicate sticker to your luggage, you can be assured that it will be handled with care and that it will be among the first to be collected from the belt.
- Board first because your luggage may not fit in the overhead bins and will be directed to cargo if you board last. As, a result, retrieving the luggage will take longer than expected.
- Pack your essentials in the carry on. Anything that you can’t live without. If your checked luggage is lost or delayed, you will be notified.
- Keep a pen in your hand baggage at all times. When filling vital travel paperwork like arrival and departure cards, this tool comes in handy.
4. Booking / Time to Travel
- To receive the cheapest deal, book your flight at least 2-3 months in advance.
- Do your research and get to know your destination better.
- Learn some common phrases in the native tongue. It will always be easier to visit a new place if you have some knowledge of the local language.
- Keep your friends and family updated. Before you leave, send a copy of your itinerary to a few trusted friends who can keep track of your whereabouts.
- Because a hard copy is required, a scanned passport will save you a lot of time especially when forgetfulness is a problem.
- Always leave earlier for flights, ferries or trains and allow more time than you think is necessary to get there.
- Don’t be hesitant to ask for an upgrade when you check into the hotel. When it comes to giving upgrades during check-in, hotels have a lot of leeway. It’s never a bad idea to inquire. If the hotel isn’t fully booked, they may accommodate you. Just be super nice.
5. Jet Lag
Take the above points into consideration to have the best travelling experience.
Feel free to add some other quick travel tips in the comment section.