Samawati Lakeside Cottages are located on the shores of L. Ol’bolossat, Central Kenya’s only natural lake, in Oljoro Orok, Nyandarua County. True serenity can be found here as the lush green compound is only interrupted by more nature in the form of trimmed acacia trees among other exotic flora. The backdrop is formed by stunning views of the Aberdare Ranges, Mt. Satima, and the Dundori Hills.
Accommodation and Other Amenities
Two-bedroom Chalet: At Samawati Lakeside Cottages there are three cottages/chalets each with two bedrooms. Each bedroom can accommodate 2 guests. Therefore, each chalet can sleep 4 guests in the two bedrooms and an extra guest on a sofa bed.
One-bedroom Chalet: There is one 1-bedroom chalet that sleeps two guests.
The cottages feature hand-crafted local furniture and interior decor that makes use of rustic country house design elements. Large windows and skylights let in rays of natural light further enhancing the one-with-nature vibes at the site. For meals, the chalets come fitted with fully-equipped modern kitchens for self-catering. Furthermore, one can order meals from their table d’hote menu (fixed price menu). Other amenities include:
- Free wifi at specific areas
- Team building grounds
- Manicured grounds for a perfect Lakeside wedding event
- “Pitch your tent”
- Helipad area
Some of the services extended to guests include (may cost one extra):
- Return airport transfers
- Room service
- Nanny Services
- Cook Services
One has access to the grounds for family activities of your choice. Other activities within the area include:
- Boating Tours – view hippos and different bird species.
- Trips to the Historical colonial homes, Happy Valley, Maumau Caves, and the home of Dedan Kimathi.
- Game drives at the Aberdare National Park
- Visit the Thompson Falls and the Hippo Maternity Site
- Guided agro-tourism trips
- Guided Bird watching and nature trails.
- Escorted Hiking trails on Mt Satima and Mt Kipipiri.
Samawati Lakeside Cottages Rates
Two-bedroom chalet at KES 16,000 per night on self-catering and 1-bedroom chalet at KES 8,000 per night on self-catering. Chef services per day charged at KES 1,500.
*Kindly confirm the latest rates and accommodation availability by contacting us.