Kilimandege has two cottages located within the 88-acre Kilimandege sanctuary which is home to more than 250 bird species as well as giraffe, zebra, waterbuck, and gazelle. Kilimandege is Swahili for ‘hill of birds’. The sanctuary is strategically located between Longonot Farm and Simba Lodge along Moi South Lake Road and on the shores of L. Naivasha. It was previously the home of renowned filmmaker Joan Root.
There are two cottages at Kilimandege Sanctuary. One is the Otter Cottage and the other Kilimandege House. Otter Cottage has four en-suite bedrooms and ideally, sleeps eight guests. Kilimandege has five en-suite bedrooms and can sleep up to 12 guests as one of the bedrooms comes with an extra full-length bunk bed.
Amenities and Activities
Some of the amenities to take advantage of at Kilimandege Sanctuary include:
- Private compound with lake view
- Exclusive access to the lake and rest of the 80-acre sanctuary for game walks & sun-downers
- Housekeeper and cook
- Back-up generator
- Master bathroom includes a bath
- Fully-equipped modern kitchen
- Laundry facilities
- Feeding chair/cot available
- Large dining room
- Spacious living room with fireplace, books, games, TV & DVDs
- Work-space area with unlimited WiFi
- Large veranda with in-built BBQ (charcoal available to purchase)
- Darts & badminton
- Garden seating/outdoor fire area
- 24-hour security
- Fresh farm produce delivery available (organic veg, dairy, free-range meat, etc.)
Kilimandege House Rates
Otter Cottage goes for KES 20,000 per night for less than six guests and KES 3,000 for every additional guest up to eight guests. Kilimandege House goes for KES 22,000 per night for less than six guests and KES 3,000 for every additional guest up to 12 guests.
*Kindly confirm up to date rates by contacting us.